1. Glad you're here! But hey, how can I register/login?!
    Registration and login is only possible through our website. Please go there to get a new account or to login and get back here afterwards! Thank you.

(deutsch: Registrierung/Login ist nur über unsere Webseite möglich.)
    Dismiss Notice

Weekly Events released!

Discussion in 'News & Updates' started by stefan.mizzi, Aug 9, 2016.

1. stefan.mizzi

stefan.mizzi Administrator Staff Member

Hello there guys!

So at Justrace, we are trying to come up with new stuff to see what really works for the community and we came up with a new concept which will be launch very soon. You will now have a say which cars and tracks will be used so that we only host events for the most voted combos!

Basically, we are going to host WEEKLY EVENTS where you will vote beforehand for the Car Class and Track!!!
    Visit the weekly events page to vote!

So how it works? Very simple:

1. We will have a Weekly Event, Thursday evenings at 7PM GMT. This we will then change if the community want different days/times
    2. When we'll launch this to our alpha platform, go to the Weekly Events menu
    3. Choose the Car Class and Track from the list boxes on the right and just hit "Vote for your favorite combo!"
    4. Your vote will be automatically recorded and will show up in the grid below it.
    5. The grid will be auto updated and you can see the votes real time being updated, with the most voted combos at the top
    6. You can vote for many combos as long as they are different!!!
    7. The voting will always be done for the week after. So, if you are voting this week, the votes will be for combos for the week after. Lets say we are in week 33, then the votes will be used to automatically configure and start the servers for week 34
    8. You will be automatically Registered to the top 2 if you have voted for them
    9. Of course, 1st come 1st served...
    10. That's it really! Then every week, the top 2 most voted combos will be used for the Weekly Event!

We value your say and hope that you'll like this :smiley:

upload_2016-8-9_11-17-5.png

Cheers

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mr.C

Mr.C New Member

hi,
    I presume you will have like a list of possible events and not all the game, no?At the moment community is small and if everyone votes 1 combo that will be very awkward at best. So, you will have for 2 days 6-8 possible events and then we choose from that i think
    Also if there is a tie what server goes first?the server that reached the tie number first?

3. stefan.mizzi

Very good questions mate! I think we will experiment with this and then we will decide what best to do based to the results :smiley:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mr.C

Mr.C New Member

there are 66 tracks(69 if we count all Spa version but all identical) including variation and 90ish cars(didn't count all ADAC series) so that's well over 6000 possibilities and even if you take by Class and not single vehicle ,there are 29 classes, we can exclude Hillclimb and such and we are still left with 25ish , that's another 1600+ possibilities :smiley: need allot of voters for something to show through, and if voters vote more than the max amount that can be shown on page and you will have multiple page selection it's pretty safe to say that most will check page 1 and 2 and maybe see a combo that they like and vote for that.

5. stefan.mizzi

Development on The Weekly Event on the way...latest screen below :smiley:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Heiko Hesse

Heiko Hesse New Member

On this screen it looks great! :sunglasses:

7. stefan.mizzi

Hi all! :smiley:

Weekly Events have now been launched and we will be testing it. Please check it out and let us know if you find issues :smiley:

Cheers
    Stefan

8. Mr.C

Mr.C New Member

well if not limit the amount of car/track combo at least limit the amount of votes/user, as i can see i can vote for every car and track combo and spam it:smiley:)

9. stefan.mizzi

That should be fine, we will fine tune it along the way :wink:

10. stefan.mizzi

Hi all,

Since we had started the voting late in week 08-Aug-2016 to 14-Aug-2016, we are going to move it by a week. This means that there will be no Weekly Race in Week 15-Aug-2016 to 21-Aug-2016

Apologies for inconvenience.

Cheers
    Stefan

11. Profibaufrosch

Profibaufrosch New Member

Nice Testrace so far!
    My Wheel decalibrate during race so i can´t finish - undriveable :(

12. stefan.mizzi

Ah sorry to hear mate :( Test was very successful :smiley:

13. stefan.mizzi

Hi!

As from this week, you can now vote for races on a day basis and not just Thursday. All you need to do is choose your favorite Day, the Car/Class, Track and vote! :smiley:

upload_2016-8-29_8-12-4.png

14. A. Gamberini

A. Gamberini New Member

You guys did I great system!! Thanks!!

Just an idea about poll for cars and tracks

As pointed out by other members the number of cars and track is really large, why don't tight the options after some votes?
    I mean, for instance, after 10 votes the options will be only those voted, after 20 votes only the best three, etc

Is it something implementable in your site code ?

Thanks for your service!!

By the way, just signed up, so hello all :smiley:

15. stefan.mizzi

Hi!

Yes, very good point, as since there aren't many that people yet, its good to restrict it a bit :smiley: I'll see what I can do!

Thanks for your feedback :smiley:

Cheers
    Stefan

16. A. Gamberini

A. Gamberini New Member

I think your system has a great potential also to create championships, such this kind of matches need a bit of administration along with minoriting safety system (for instance check for accidents and apply penalty) please consider my help as moderator/admin for that type of service

Keep pushing!

17. stefan.mizzi

Indeed! In fact, we are now working on a League Management System! @tobi has already developed such a complex and complete system which is being used successfully for leagues. We will port it to Justrace in the coming months and everything will be linked and mostly automated :smiley:

Thank you for your help!

• Winner Winner x 1