1. Glad you're here! But hey, how can I register/login?!
    Registration and login is only possible through our website. Please go there to get a new account or to login and get back here afterwards! Thank you.

(deutsch: Registrierung/Login ist nur über unsere Webseite möglich.)
    Dismiss Notice

Justrace Server Manager Beta now available

Discussion in 'News & Updates' started by stefan.mizzi, Feb 27, 2017.

1. stefan.mizzi

stefan.mizzi Administrator Staff Member

Hi!

For those interested to connect their servers to Justrace where you are be able to hook all your game server to Justrace then the Justrace Server Manager BETA is now available for download:

Coming Soon...

1. You can create, stop and delete your game servers from Justrace web application

2. You can schedule your servers from Justrace web app

upload_2017-3-2_8-41-0.png

3. Your community drivers will be able to see schedule servers and subscribe to them on our match maker

4. The race schedule you create will be tagged to your Community name

upload_2017-3-2_8-41-26.png

5. Results and statistics will be auto uploaded and generated

6. Ratings will be auto calculated

7. You can then also integrate your servers with the coming Advanced League Management system

INSTALLATION:

1. Run the exe file and follow the installer instructions

2. Make a rule in your firewall to open Port 9001 TCP. If you want to change this port, open the file JustraceServerManager\bin\Release\JustraceServerManager.exe.config and change this. Your sever IP and port have to be accessible from the outside word, so you might need to configure port forwarding.

upload_2017-3-2_8-41-48.png

3. Change the JustraceServerManager\bin\Release\Capabilities.json file as you wish. This instructs the app how many servers of game the server can start. For example, the below tells the server that you can have a max of 5 raceroom dedicated servers that can be started. If you also use it for other games, you need to specify the ports to be used.

upload_2017-3-2_8-42-6.png

4. A shortcut should have been created in your desktop. If not. then run JustraceServerManager\bin\Release\JustraceServerManager.exe

5. If you don't have a login yet, create one. In the Community Name, enter your server name, for example, Raceroom Server 1

upload_2017-3-2_8-42-20.png

6. You can install this app on as many servers as you wish, but just choose a different Community name, like Raceroom Server 2 etc

7. Once started, choose the raceroom dedicated server folder and start the raceroom server. The app will tell you if it found any issues like shown below. For example, my laptop cannot be accessed from the outside word and thus it wont work.

upload_2017-3-2_8-42-38.png

That's it really, now your server is connected to the justrace system.

Let me know if you need help.

Cheers
    Stefan

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Luis Mercury

Luis Mercury Member

Fantastic Stefan,

This was and is a hard job!
    Thanks friend for giving me the opportunity to work with you at the tests.
    Great tool for the simracer's community !!

Waiting for "Advanced League Management system" :tonguewink:

3. stefan.mizzi

New version including Automobilista has been released. Link in first post updated.

4. stefan.mizzi

Hi all :smiley:

I have done a few bug fixes and added more logging so I will soon post an update. On a related note, I am seeing lots of connections, like over 40 people tried to connect but then seem to have given up...

Please feel free to ask for help and instructions. I will try to make a video one of these days when I get some time on how it works.

Cheers
    Stefan

5. Beaware

Beaware New Member

Hello,

Very good job my friend.

But I can not get it to work on my dedicated Windows Server. When I run Justrace Server Manager, this closes me RaceRoom Dedicated Server.exe. I do understand everything exactly. I authorized the application in the firewall.

The RaceRoom folder is here : C:\Users\AdminGTR3\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\

When I click "Re / Start Raceroom Server" nothing happens.

Sorry for my bad English, I am French.

My Team: http://www.team-gtr3.fr

Thank you for your work.

6. stefan.mizzi

Hi! Thank you for trying it. If you wish we can try it together over teamviewer over the weekend. Let me know :smiley:

You can also send me the logs if you wish so I can check them

Cheers
    Stefan

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  7. stefan.mizzi

Just race server manager has been updated to the latest version. Link in first post updated.

Cheers

8. Luis Mercury

Luis Mercury Member

Hi stefan,

I have this error.
    I need to eliminate this schedule.

Can you help me?

Regards

[​IMG]

9. stefan.mizzi

Sure, will check it out :smiley:

10. Luis Mercury

Luis Mercury Member

It`s ok !

Thank you

11. m.petz

m.petz New Member

Just tried JustRaceServerManager_0600, running on Windows Server 2016, following problems occured:
    • when trying to setup the AC-Server-Path it crashes always
    • entered the path manually, when clicking on Refresh AC Cars and Tracks it crashed
    • restarted JustRaceServerManager, now it seems to work
    Seems to work right now, just tested AC server creation and joining. Next step will be R3E.

Is there a known possibility to get JustRaceServerManager running as Windows service? For ACTrackCycle I am using srvany.exe from the NT4 Ressource Kit successfully. Just need to make sure the server is running all the times as Windows just wants its updates from time to time and this must be an automated system.

Edit:
    R3E works, too. Got R3E running using srvany.exe, now trying JustraceServerManager.exe to be run as a service.
    Edited the capabilities.json to allow only 2 AC servers and 2 R3E servers, but the setting is ignored. I can create up to 5 R3E servers until the hard limit restricts me, and I can create AC servers until I run out of ressources using justrace.net.
    Everything else is just wow...

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  12. m.petz

m.petz New Member

Update for running ServerManager as a service:
    - my usual ways did not work
    - using task scheduler I can schedule it to start after server startup, I can also get it running in the background (wether or not user is logged on)
    - I can create AC servers and also R3E servers now without being logged on to the server
    - just one problem: R3E dedicated always requires the secret passphrase when restarting

13. stefan.mizzi

Hi mate, sorry just saw your messages now! Seems like you been experimenting with it and of course with some issues (yep, its still beta! :yum: )

Hmm, the reason why we did not do it as a service was mainly due to complexities with windows permission issues, but yes, it is possible.

I understand what you mean, that ideally it needs to auto restart but as it is, as a windows app, its not ideal to set it as a task etc. Maybe one day we will consider that.

As for R3E, we dont require to always set the secret pass when restarting. In fact it is only started once and it stays on! Just new sessions are created. Though we do have issues with it many times and need to re-start it, asking the pass again etc. We find it to be a bit unstable, but its from R3E side and we cannot do much.

I do this to refresh it: remove the settings and iv bin files in %localappdata%\Sector3_Studios_AB (enter this in windows explorer)

I'd love to help you with any issues but moved to Australia recently and dont even have my development PC yet as its on the way, plus I guess the time difference?

I also did not see any new servers on justrace web site, so dont think this is working for you, unless maybe you brought them down again?

14. m.petz

m.petz New Member

No problem, read about your move to Australia already.
    Yes, I have some trouble with justrace.net Server Manager when using RRRE_dedicated - seems to have something to do with service setup. AC runs flawlessly.
    Needed R3E Server last friday evening, didn't work, so I shutdown JR Servermanager and setup up directly on the server for now.

As I will exchange the server hardware in about 2 weeks I will not invest time on the old environment now and will try this once again when the hardware has been changed.
    So just get your move done and make yourself a comfortable home on the other side of the world.

Is it possible to give other users rights to use my Justrace Server Manager System via justrace.net? Or open server slots / whole server within it's slot limits for public usage?
    I am lucky to be working as ICT Manager (former Engineer) and I am permitted to let my server run here inside our companie's server room - dual ups backup with extended runtime, redundant firewall, redundant 50MBit/s synchronous fibre internet access - as long as I am working here.

15. stefan.mizzi

I understand :smiley: Great that you can use that server room :yum: For now you can create a generic username/password and then give that to your colleagues. They can do the same things like do. I think it would be a great functionality to have multiple users linked to the server manager. We can develop it.

Once settled, I will fix a few bugs/update the software and I might be able to help you if you wish or maybe @tobi can, he lives in Germany but a busy man :yum: Tobi has been working on the League Management System for a while and hopefully I will jump in to help him to bring it to JR if there is some interest.

16. Rolz

Rolz New Member

Any thoughts on a linux version?

17. stefan.mizzi

Hi Rolz, that would be a big task to either write the app for Linux or maybe using .Net Core or Mono to convert it. Surely no time at this stage. But in the future, we will surely consider it if it becomes popular

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rolz

Rolz New Member

I did use Mono to run MinoratingPlugin.exe back when MR was still in use.

Happy to test for you when u have time :smiley:

Since ur now in Australia at least we're in similar timezones now :smiley:

19. stefan.mizzi

Ah cool, so you are downunder too :yum: Thanks mate, I'll check it out one of these days and see how much work it's needed. Would love to get a few people from this side of the world to hook their servers into JR :smiley:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Luis Mercury

Luis Mercury Member

Hi stefan,

Can You explain "Advanced League Management system"?

sounds interesting !!!