1. Glad you're here! But hey, how can I register/login?!
    Registration and login is only possible through our website. Please go there to get a new account or to login and get back here afterwards! Thank you.

(deutsch: Registrierung/Login ist nur über unsere Webseite möglich.)
    Dismiss Notice

Justrace Ratings

Discussion in 'News & Updates' started by stefan.mizzi, Jul 22, 2016.

1. stefan.mizzi

stefan.mizzi Administrator Staff Member

Hi all :smiley:

Many of you are wondering how we are calculating the Ratings in Justrace. So the intention of this post is to explain how it's currently being generated.

However, we would like to go beyond this. We would like to generate ratings that is intelligent. So here, in this thread, we will be discussing this.

I will update the post as soon as I'll find time (wish I had more!!!) with the exact logic how we are generating the rating, then we can build on this :smiley:

Cheers
    Stefan

• Like Like x 2
  2. stefan.mizzi

So here is how the current ratings system works:

First of all, it used the ELO Rating System as explained here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

1. Ratings are ONLY calculated for Justrace servers and only for session types Race.
    2. The Default Rating starts at 2000.
    3. The first 10 races are flagged as Provisional, which means the FIDE K value is always 25.
    4. After the 10 races, the FIDE K value is 10 if your rating is greater than the default 2000.
    5. And again, after the 10 races, the FIDE K value is 15 if your rating is less than the default 2000.
    6. Currently you get a penalty of 25 points for any DNF, Disqualify or Non Finish.
    7. The more drivers there are in the race the more points you can win or loose depending on your final race position.

And of course we can discuss this system and enhance/change it so please feel free to give us your feed back :smiley:

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Mr.C

Mr.C New Member

I know you guys are probably insanely busy, but those the system have a cap/max number/race, I mean are your server set for max 32 or something for each event, if so, would love to know if a full server how much do we get for a win and so on.

4. stefan.mizzi

Hi Mr C :smiley: There is no max limits at the moment and also no points for a Win as it works differently. The way it works, which is based on the ELO, is that the more you overtake other drivers the more points you get! So if you start last and arrive first, you get many points! If you start first and arrive last, you loose points!

But yes, we can add points to WINS too!

5. stefan.mizzi

Hi All!!

We have now updated the ratings system to be linked to the user profile! So basically, if you have not updated your user profile with the game username, you will not see the Ratings!

If you put your Raceroom and Assetto Corsa Full Name, it will still work but might not be 100% accurate if there is someone else with the same name :wink:

profile.png

For raceroom, ideally you put your username found as shown below:

upload_2016-8-16_6-37-18.png

For Assetto Corsa, ideally you put the Driver GUID. You can find this by downloading out client tool and go to Settings as seen below. You can also enter your SteamID

upload_2016-8-16_6-42-41.png

upload_2016-8-16_6-32-17.png

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Ernie

Ernie New Member

Hi there. Just a question. The Sector3 Studio guys had mentioned in their latest devstream (Nov. 14th) that they are working on a ranking- and reputationsystem. And now i wonder if they will use your JustRace.net system or if they will build their own. I know from a former interview, that Sector3 had also a ELO system in mind. Maybe there's already a cooperation between S3S and Justrace behind the scenes.

7. stefan.mizzi

We wish that there was a co-operation but unfortunately there is not...

8. Luis Mercury

Luis Mercury Member

lol !!!

Thank you very much Stefan !